Cart Shed Cottage (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting cartshedcottage.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the data controller is Cart Shed Cottage, Silver Hill, Perranwell Station, Truro, TR3 7LW.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register an interest in services on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem or any issues with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, background information regarding you, your profession and your business, and any other information you may wish to disclose which is pertinent to your enquiry.
- Information we collect about you. To ensure we are able to give you the best possible experience of cartshedcottage.com we monitor information surrounding visitors to, and users of, our site in order to optimise the website experience we are able to give to you and address potential issues with site performance. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Disclosure of your information
- We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your information.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email unless you have given your prior consent. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us.
How you can access and update your information
Cart Shed Cottage is obliged to supply you, on request, with a copy of the personal data it holds about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact Cart Shed Cottage. Should you discover any inaccuracies please notify Cart Shed Cottage as soon as possible. We will then correct our records.
Most website browsers allow the user control of Cookie acquisition through the browser settings. Cart Shed Cottage cookies do not contain any personally identifiable information, but help us to provide a personalised service and allow the website to function correctly.
The following are a list of cookies used on Cart Shed Cottage and their purpose: